Thursday, April 16, 2009

Short Bread Cookies

I haven't made this recipe in a while, thus the reason why I don't have any pics of it. But you can also use this recipe in a cookie press to shape the cookies. Enjoy :)

Ingredients:
1lb butter (creamed)
1cup icing sugar
4cups flour

Directions:
  1. Cream butter until smooth, then add one cup of icing sugar
  2. Add four cups of flour, one at a time (can be made in cookie press, or roll into little balls and press down with a fork)
  3. Decorate with candied cherries on top (if you desire)
  4. Bake at 350F for 10-12 minutes
Butter should be used in this recipe, as it doesn't taste the same if you try to use margarine

3 comments:

  1. this was a great idea. i might make a hobby out of it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I'm back in NJ I'll be sure to pre-bake some before I come. :)

    ReplyDelete